Using Checkpoints to Sync Faster
Note: You can presently only use checkpoints with cmdedition; the command-line wallet.
Right click one of the provided links and choose
Save as...to download checkpoints.csv.
Place checkpoints.csv in the same folder as your daemon(XTCASHnetwork) and wallet(cmdedition).
You can get them both from here: XTE, ETRX & XTCASH, if you don't have them already.
Make sure you shut down any GUI wallets, or any other instances of XTCASHnetwork.
- First, open a command prompt.
cd *folder*drag the folder containing the binaries into it and confirm with enter
- First, open a command prompt in the same directory as XTCASHnetwork.
- You can use the
cdcommand to change to this directory. For example,
- Alternatively, your file manager may provide the ability to open a terminal in your current directory. Navigate to the folder with XTCASHnetwork in, and try right clicking, to see if you can open a terminal there:
If you did the steps correctly, you should see something like this output.
2020-May-1 11:58:39.654478 INFO Welcome to traaittCASH () 2020-May-1 11:58:39.654914 INFO Module folder: XTCASHnetwork 2020-May-1 11:58:39.655249 INFO Loading Checkpoints for faster initial sync... 2020-May-1 11:58:40.854979 INFO Loaded 435695 checkpoints from checkpoints.csv
XTCASHnetwork will then start syncing from checkpoints.
If you are using cmdedition, then you can just wait for it to finish syncing, and open your wallet(leave the network open!).
If you are using a GUI wallet, let it finish syncing, close it down by typing
exitin the window, then open your GUI wallet.
Invalid checkpoint file format
2020-May-1 12:10:08.325056 INFO Loading Checkpoints for faster initial sync... 2020-May-1 12:10:08.339667 ERROR Invalid checkpoint file format 2020-May-1 12:10:08.341758 ERROR Exception: Failed to load checkpoints
- If you see output like the above, the file you are opening is either not a .csv file, or hasn't been downloaded correctly.
- Ensure you downloaded the file by right clicking, and choosing
Save link as....
- If you incorrectly chose the wrong file, you can accidentally download a html page instead.
- When you open up the file, it should have lots of lines like this:
0,7fb97df81221dd1366051b2d0bc7f49c66c22ac4431d879c895b06d66ef66f4c 1,8c9738f961a278486f27ce214d1e4d67e08f7400c8b38fe00cdd571a8d302c7d 2,2ef060801dd27327533580cfa538849f9e1968d13418f2dd2535774a8c494bf4
- If you absolutely can't get it working, you can make a new text file, copy all the content from Github checkpoints repository into it
- Then save as checkpoints.csv (Select the filetype as
All Files (*.*)in Windows)
Failed to load checkpoints
2020-May-1 12:14:57.544286 INFO Loading Checkpoints for faster initial sync... 2020-May-1 12:14:57.544569 ERROR Could not load checkpoints file: checkpoints.csv 2020-May-1 12:14:57.544823 ERROR Exception: Failed to load checkpoints
- If you see output like the above, it means the file isn't present in the directory you are in.
- Make sure you have placed the
checkpoints.csvfile in the same directory as XTCASHnetwork.
XTCASHnetwork.exe is not recognized / No such file or directory
C:\Users\TRRXITTE>XTCASHnetwork.exe --load-checkpoints checkpoints.csv 'XTCASHnetwork.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
bash: ./XTCASHnetwork: No such file or directory
- If you see output like one of the above, it means your terminal isn't in the same folder as the XTCASHnetwork program.
- You can type
diron Windows) to see what folder you are currently in.
- Try following the steps above to get into the right folder, then try again.
- If you type
diron Windows), you should see the XTCASHnetwork program, if you are in the correct folder:
[traaittCASH]λ ls cmdedition XTCASHnetwork XTCASHservice XTCASHwalletapi
2020-May-1 11:58:40.857058 INFO Opening DB in /home/zach/.TurtleCoin/DB 2020-May-1 11:58:40.858174 ERROR DB Error. DB can't be opened in /home/zach/.traaittCASH/DB. Error: IO error: While lock file: /home/zach/.traaittCASH/DB/LOCK: Resource temporarily unavailable 2020-May-1 11:58:40.873692 ERROR Exception: IO error
- If you see output like the above, something else has got the database open already.
- Make sure you have closed down any other XTCASHnetwork's and GUI Wallets.
- Use a task manager to help you find any which might be running in the background, then try again.